Trade Gold, Silver, Platinum, Palladium, and Copper through the Trading Station and MetaTrader 4 platforms. Up-to-date margin requirements are displayed in the "Simplified Dealing Rates" window of the Trading Platform by instrument.
Why trade gold and silver through FXCM?
- No Re-quotes1 on all metal products, giving you fast, efficient trade execution without expensive re-quotes.
- Lower Transaction Costs. Trade Commission Free2, no exchange fees, & no clearing fees. The transaction cost is the spread, the difference between the buy and sell price.
- Greater Ease of Trading. Gold and Silver are traded alongside currencies on FXCM Trading Station, providing you with convenient, intuitive, one-click trading.
- Generous Leverage.3 Trading in the futures market requires large contracts - $4000 margin to maintain a 100-ounce position is common. In the futures market leverage is usually limited to 25 to 1.
- Hedging Capability. You can go long or short spot gold in the same account and hedge your positions.
- Advanced Charting. Trade gold from FXCM's advanced charting package.
Gold (XAU/USD) and Silver (XAG/USD) Trading Hours
Gold and Silver trading will commence on Sunday at 22.00 GMT. Furthermore, there will be a daily break in gold and silver trading at 21.00 GMT and trading in Gold and Silver will resume at 22.00 GMT. During the break, you will not be able to place market orders, and limit/stops cannot be placed and/or amended. Full details of Gold and Silver trading can be found in the CFD Product Guide.
Gold/Silver Rollover Explained
Spot Gold/Silver Rollover will be performed in the same manner as our forex instruments.
Copper is the only metal which has an expiration. All other metal trades will remain open until such time the client closes the position or there is insufficient margin to support the open position. For Copper, the open position will be closed by FXCM.